Where Do Bed Bugs Come From?
Bed bugs can come from many places, commonly from already infested areas or old furniture. Other places include being transferred from bags placed on upholstered fabric. Apart from textiles, bed bugs can travel between rooms in buildings or houses.
DIY BED BUG CONTROL
- Declutter rooms with upholstery, especially in the bedroom.
- Move beds and furniture away from walls.
- Clean windows and floors regularly.
- Vacuum mattresses and furniture. Dispose vacuum contents immediately in a concealed bag.
- Wash fabrics (bedsheets, pillow cases, blanket etc) and air dry under sunlight / put in a hot dryer for 30 minutes.
- Fully seal any crevices in walls where pipes / wires come through (air conditioner, piping etc).
Professional Bed Bug Control
- All crevices and cracks are treated with safe insecticide.
- Disinfection process
- Use repellent to prevent bed bug activity
- Deodorize common bed bug infestation areas